Monday, January 15, 2007

Snuggle One!

My first snuggle is completed, however, I think its too late for this one.  Tribble has claimed it for his own.  I'd really rather it go to a dog in need (that's why I made it!), but Tribble must need one too.  He is a rescue, so I don't think he had many "things" of his own.  So here it will stay.  You can see him cuddling up with it in his bed in the pictures.

So, I started another one.  In my laziness, I wanted to make it in the round, cause it goes so much quicker.  I saw this techinque in Knitters Magazine using cotton & thought "why not?"  So, this one is about 18x18, I made it in plain stockinette stitch, with seed stitch borders &  twisted stitch at either side.  I left 4 plain stitches in between the side borders. 

After binding off, I *gasp* cut between the 4 stitches!  I unraveled them, so they make a fringe & believe it or not, it won't unravel!  The twist stitch helps keep it together.  I may comb out the ends so it will be a fluffy fringe & it will be more cozy.  Crazy, ain't it?! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do such lovely work! The dog looks happy to snuggle up in one of your works...Good day, Cheryl