Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stitch Pattern For Tribble's Blanket!

I had a request for the stitch pattern used in Tribble's Blanket (aka Snuggle Blanket)!  I modified a brick slip stitch pattern found in an old Better Homes & Gardens afghan book.  It may exist "published" out there somewhere!  So here is how I did it...Have fun!

CO a multiple of 5 sts, minimum of 10 sts.

Colors A (main color) & B (or small amounts of multiple colors, if you'd like!)

Row 1 - With color A, K across.
Row 2 - With color A, P across.
Row 3 - With color B, K2, *slip one with yarn in back, K4, repeat from * to last 3 sts, slip one, K2.
Row 4 - With color B, P2 ,*slip one with yarn in front, P4, repeat from * to last 3 sts, slip one, P2. 

Repeat rows 1-4. 

Obviously in my version, I used a different color every time for my "color B"!  I wove the ends in as I knit, so it wouldn't make me crazy at the end trying to finish it off!  I also put a wide garter stitch border around it, because it does curl.  This afghan was a great way to use those small scraps in an attractive way.  Enjoy! 

No comments: