Sunday, January 7, 2007

Blankets of Love

I found a group on the internet called "Snuggle's Project", which makes blankets for shelter animals, whether it be dog or cat.  We have a shelter very near home that is a participant in the project, so I can just drop them off when I'm done.  I'm almost done with my first, another scrap yarn blanket done in small scale! 

I used black as the main color & tried using up some of the many scraps for the contrasting colors.  I used a brick-type slip stitch pattern.  The effect is like a stained glass & its really turning out well!  It allowed me to use some of those...uh..."interesting" color scraps!  As you can see from the picture, it will need to be edged all around.  I'm thinking maybe a knitted on garter stitch edging. 

Now, if only I can convince my little dog Tribble that its not HIS blanket!  I may just have to keep this one & move onto the next for the shelter!   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a pattern just like this one.  Would you care to share it?

Anonymous said...

I posted the stitch pattern for you in a post above!  If you make anything with it, I would love to see what you've done!  Hope this helps you!

Spunknit