Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy Felted New Year!

Happy New Year to all!  Its been a felted holiday for me.  The latest bag is finished & it came out fabulously!  I sewed on a wooden toggle button for a closure & it goes nicely.  This will be a great "small" bag to take along a knitting project.  Just what I wanted!  However, while it was drying, my daughter (the thief!) saw it & said, "Oh, this is cool, is this mine?!"  I told her to please step away from the bag, she already got hers, but I could see that look in her eye.  So I've been keeping it hidden!

Latest news, we have another dog.  He's part Pomeranian, part Yorkie (supposedly!) & his name is Tribble.  He is shown sporting a quick little project I made for him, a jingle bell collar.  I spotted a version of this in the local petstore, & thought (of course!), "I can make this!"  So I did!  I had the leftover yarn & some jingle bells, so other than time, it was a freebie.  I made short row triangles, the knitted on the I-cord tie.  Quick & fun, although Tribble only tolerated wearing it long enough for a few pictures!

Also  show inside my new felted tote is a book my husband bought me for Christmas.  It is called "Yarn Harlot" & it is a hilarious look at the secret life of an obsessed knitter.   A very entertaining read for any knitter!  I could relate to many of her adventures & misadventures, & I realized, this woman writes from my soul!  Check it out!

No comments: