Monday, December 5, 2005

How Many More Times?

Well, maybe one more.  Again, I've started, gotten a good way in & realized I still won't have enough yarn to finish.  My daughter doesn't want a really lacy pattern, otherwise that would probably work.  So we settled on making it much narrower that originally planned.  

My discouragement with this project is reflecting in the fact that I just haven't knitted much on it.  I finally snapped pics of what I had, then...sigh.  I frogged it & started over.  I'm using the same stitch pattern shown here, just using only 2 repeats.  I'm a good few inches into it so far, but I'm not sure this pattern will work on such a narrow scale.  So that means more swatching.  Sigh. 

I'm sure we are all alike in that we want it to work the first time.  I was just going to settle for making a hat from this yarn, but I'll give it one more chance.  If it doesn't work this time...its hat city!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that stitch pattern! Its too bad that you had to tear all that beautiful work out!

Anonymous said...

I just seem to keep striking out with this yarn.  I just don't have enough.  Oh well, such is the life of a knitter!