Saturday, December 24, 2005

Bookmarks The Spot!

The secret is out of the bag, or wrapping paper in this case!  I made some bookmarks for the ladies at work.  These were very fun, & I used a lot of pretty lacy stitch patterns that I just loved.  I had some fine white baby cotton left over, perfect for bookmarkers.  I also used some multi colored sock cotton, but I didn't have a lot of it, plus it is a bit...wild!  Since they had few stitches they worked up very quickly & I was able to have them completed in a week.  Many thanks go to my sweet husband for making up little envelopes for them, since I was still knitting them late Tuesday evening! 

Many of these feature the lacy faggotting stitch that I fell in love with during my stitch pattern search.  All have relatively the same stitch count, but the sizes vary due to lateral spread of the lacy stitches.  I tried some different finishes also, some have tassels, others have beads, some have twisted cord, some have I cord.  Some patterns will follow!  Hope you all like these as much as I did!  Merry Christmas to all! 

Lace Bookmark Pattern

No comments: