Saturday, January 22, 2005

Oh Just Kick Me!

Here I go again.  Dreaming of yet another tote bag/purse.  Sigh!  This time, I'm thinking of using some pretty wool yarn that is hand dyed in lovely shades of purple.  I've tried felting it already, last year when I was trying to decide which yarn to use for the eyeglass case.  It comes out nice & thick when felted. 

So I'm thinking about a new knitting bag.  Maybe a bit smallish.  Just enough for a skein or two & a chemo hat or other small project.  Something I can just grab, stuff & go!  I don't really need another huge bag.  I've already got quite a few of those!  I'm thinking maybe in the "booga bag" style...with the drawstring type handle.  I'm not sure yet, because this yarn does felt up very thick!  Needles will have a hard time trying to poke through this yarn!  I want to add some nice pockets on the outside, for little gadgets & whatnots.  Maybe a pocket or two on the inside as well.  I have a ton of this yarn, so it won't be a problem!

I'm still making chemo hats!  I'm almost done with this batch, I have 3 more till I have my dozen, then I'll post pictures of them.  The ladies at work only see the hats in progress, they haven't seen a finished one yet.  They think I don't really finish them!  I promised I would bring in the batch when I'm done so they can see them.  I'm doing some different things to a few hats.  So its been exciting for me to work on them.  I'm excited to finish & show them off!  Soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm very jealous of your booga bag plans and can not wait until I'm up to your skill level!
I have a question though, how long did it take you to get good at knitting? I'm not in any rush, just curious.
XOXO....Kelli

Anonymous said...

that would make a beautiful booga bag! The last booga bag that I made, I had a hard time poking my dpns though. So I started searching though my bf's tool box, and got a hammer and a punch (special screwdriver) and used that! Worked great! BTW Great blog! Amanda