Saturday, January 8, 2005

Happy New Year & More Hats To All!

Happy New Year to Everyone!  Let's hope its a healthy, hopeful year for us all!

Here are some pictures of my latest batch of chemo hats.  I actually finished these back in late October or early November & took them to the cancer center.  But I was in the middle of some bag babble, so I didn't talk about them yet!

I was trying to get a little more adventurous with the yarn types I've been using.  So I pulled out some chenille yarns.  They blended very well with the regular yarns & came out soft & cuddley.  I'm not a big fan of chenille, but I have a ton of it from a yarn store going out of business sale. 

I also pulled out some fun confetti-type yarns.  They have lots of fluff on them & look rather fuzzy & cuddley.  Not a fun yarn to work with, but I don't have too much of it either!  I think the hats came out fun!  I'm sure someone out there will love them!

I also resorted to one of my favorite basic patterns, the spiral helix.  It is such a great way to use up those yarns & I made quite a few that way!  They just look so interesting & its better than a plain boring hat!  Like the hats I made in the beginning!  There are a couple with a regular ribbed hem, but most have the soft rolled brim that I like so much! 

I currently have 7 hats in the basket, but as mentioned before, I like to give them in even dozens.  So, just a few more & they'll be making their way to the cancer center too! 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!  I love your chemo hats!  I am getting ready to make another batch myself and I think I will branch out from the "No Hair Day Hairy Chemo Caps" and make a couple of different ones this time.  I love that helix spiral pattern you have!  Where did you get the pattern?  Was it off one of the charity knitting websites?  I would love to make a couple of those, they are so cute!  Happy Knitting!
Lisa